Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Turning Over a New Leaf


You’ll see a mix of things on this blog. I guess that’s because I’m just a mixed-up sort of gal. I work in Information Technology. My degree is in infosec – and I hope someday to actually work in security full time. Right now I’m just one half of a two person IT department for a non-profit. There’s no money in it, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my job for most of the 9 years I’ve been working there.

I love music – I have since I was a little girl. I made up my first song when I was around 3 (or so my grandmother told me). It was about a little cloud that cried. I didn’t even remember the song – until she sang it to my granddaughter from her bed in the nursing home. Ana was 2 – that was 5 years ago, just about a month before Grandma died. That my 94 year old grandmother remembered a song I made up when I was 3 absolutely floored me.
Still does.

Yes, music has been part of my life since a very early age. I let it go for a while – and here is where the “turning over a new leaf” part comes in. I came back around to music recently. I had missed it so much – I didn’t realize how much. Now I sing backing vocals for a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute called Skynny Skynyrd. Skynny is a group of very, very talented musicians, and I’m so honored to be allowed to sing with them.

I also play around with videography - and on a lesser scale, photography. I especially enjoy shooting band shows (we call em gigs). One of my favorite bands is 1st Impression. I keep tabs on several bands now - so occasionally I'll provide information about Quad-City area bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment