Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mississippi Valley Blues Festival


I took a different approach to the Mississippi Valley Blues Festival this year.  In the past, I selected one or two bands that I wanted to see, and just attended those days. This year, I attended every day, including the pre-fest party at The Muddy Waters and two nights of post-fest jam sessions. I didn’t get to see every act, and only attended two of the workshops, but I definitely had a healthy dose of blues. By the end of Saturday night, I was exhausted but elated. It was absolutely the best Blues Fest I’ve attended.


Instead of giving you a play-by-play rundown of my three days of fest, you’re going to see some of what I saw at the festival. This is a fraction of the much larger collection of photos that can be found on my Flickr page. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Noticeably absent from this blog are photos of Kenny Wayne Shepherd. I did get some photos of Kenny Wayne and his band, but the photographer’s waiver that I signed required that I only use those photos for the purpose of the publication I listed on the waiver. Unfortunately, I didn’t even consider stating “freelance”, which is what I should have done. Hopefully you will get to see those photos soon though.

More Photos Here

 

No comments:

Post a Comment